STARR PSYCHIATRIC Center is a psychiatric clinic in Brockton, MA dedicated to providing high quality psychiatric care to a wide variety of patients, ages 12-90 with all types of psychiatric and psychological problems. We have built a reputation for successful quality treatment. We care deeply about our patients and have often succeeded with patients who have not been helped despite being in the mental health system for many years.
The philosophy of the clinic is the product of over 35 years of psychiatric experience by Dr. Starr and his staff. The center aims to provide a high quality of mental health care by using the concept of differential therapeutics and a team approach using a medical model. Differential therapeutics is simply a concept in which a patient is first correctly diagnosed and then the right modality or combination of modalities are used at the right time in the treatment. This differs from other clinics where there is a tendency to use only the one modality that the therapist is familiar with. We get referrals from prominent clinics in Boston and see patients from several surrounding states as well as Massachusetts.
- Medical model (all patients see and are diagnosed by a psychiatrist)
- Specialization in adolescent depression and mood disorders, PTSD, psychopharm and addictions.
- Quality General Psychiatry
- Differential Therapeutics
- Team Approach (more than one member of the staff sees the patient and the staff meets weekly to discuss patients)
- Combination of psychopharm and psychotherapy
- More uniform quality of care